Monday, November 25, 2013

Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls

Cream Cheese!  I do love cream cheese, but I do not buy it very often.  It's one of those things I do not consider a necessity, and I don't think my family is as fond of it as I am.  Well, I guess if I had bagels in the kitchen regularly then, yes, they would want me to keep cream cheese on hand.  Bagels...another item I do not consider a necessity.  Both of these items are high in calories and fat, of which I do not need!  

I had these cute little jalapeno's left over from my garden that I needed to use soon.  The first thing that came to mind was that I better make something my husband would enjoy, and the second thing that came to mind was - Jalapeno Poppers!  He loves them, but my jalapenos were too small to stuff.  Well a jalapeno tastes the same whole or chopped right?  So, I decided to chop them up and add them to a simple cream cheese mixture.  I also had some refrigerated crescent rolls on hand, so I whipped up this simple recipe.


JALAPENO POPPER CRESCENT ROLLS

4 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
6-8 small jalapenos, chopped
1 pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Slice the jalapenos in half, de-seed and de-vein, then chop and combine with cream cheese and cheddar cheese.  Mix thoroughly, and spoon evenly onto the larger end of each crescent roll.  Fold the crescent roll ends in as you roll them, so as to seal the mixture in to avoid it leaking out of the crescent rolls.  Bake for 10-12 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.

As you can see this is a very simple recipe that I threw together on a whim.  My jalapenos weren't too hot, so even my 12 year old enjoyed them.  Unfortunately, my husband had to leave for work before they were done.  No matter, though, he warmed them up and ate them for breakfast!  Unlike me, he can eat anything for breakfast.  

Even simple recipes can be delicious and enjoyed by all!  These are perfect for get-togethers or to whip up while enjoying a late night movie.  Oh, and something I forgot to mention, these can be made with 100% organic ingredients.  Enjoy!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You may also like: